Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gingerbread House - Mmm, Yummy, Yummy!

Okay, for a while now all I have heard from Ted is "We need to make a gingerbread house" or "Wouldn't it be great if we made a gingerbread house?" For weeks, he was obsessed with... gingerbread. Even swore you could use the ginger BREAD mix to make the cookies. Jac and I just giggled and rolled our eyes. He got a little perturbed with us stating that he would prove us wrong when we got home from grocery shopping. (Ted LOVES to "ask jeeves" everything. You know, if I were a jealous person I would have to put a hit out for that pesky little fellow since he tends to get in the middle of our spats ~lol).
Well, while in line at JoAnn's a few days ago, Ted prances up to me with a smile as wide as a kid in a candy store and proudly presents me with a gingerbread house. I had to snicker to myself because it's times like these that make me love him even more.



Yesterday, the foundation was laid by none other than our very own Theo with assistance from the real gingerbread housemaker-master - moi! (Sydney, Abbey, and I have a tradition of making one every year). Today, Sydney and TJ working very well side-by-side finished the details. Looks cute!


Steady and skillful hands hard at work!

Syd and T looking cute!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

1 comment:

  1. The house looks great. I have not been brave enough to try one at my house yet. But, eventually I will. It is really nice to see and hear about y'alls life. Your family is cute. Merry Christmas!

    Mindi :)

    ReplyDelete